BalooList offers a simple way to connect boat sellers and buyers. We created this service when we tried to sell our first boat and realized that you either had to pay hundreds of dollars to multiple listing websites or needed a broker, neither of which seemed like an efficient market place for boaters. We created BalooList to solve this problem, get more boaters on the water and fewer boats at the dock.
1. Submit your Listing
You have full flexibility to set up your boat listing, including unlimited pictures, link to online gallery, etc… You decide how you want buyer to contact you.
2. Create an Account
Creating an account with Baloo List is easy. Provide your email address and we will send you the rest. To verify your identify and avoid scams, we require every seller to contribute $1 USD via credit card to verify your identity. We use the same security protocols as banks to ensure your data is safe. We don’t keep your credit card number.
3. Sell your Boat
Buyers will contact you by email, and then it’s up to you. We currently don’t support the transaction, however our developers are working on new solutions to help you manage the process (e.g., escrow, inspection and financial transaction). Please let us know how it went, and how we can make it better.
A few ground rules for posting
- Items may only be advertised once at any given time.
- The information given in the advertisement must be true (to the best of your knowledge).
- The advertiser must actually be in possession of and thus able to dispose of the item being offered. The boats advertised should not be goods on order or similar.
- The categories and fields provided may only be used for the purpose intended. In particular, listings may not be used to promote events or similar.
- You are not permitted to insert other images, letters, numbers, i.e. logos, lettering, fonts, telephone numbers, names, keywords instead of photos of the item being advertised or to combine photos with other images, letters, numbers etc. or to change these photos in any other way.
- One object can be recorded per listing; i.e. the brand and model can not be changed subsequently.
- The addition of “sold” or similar is not allowed in the title. If the boat is sold, the listing must be deleted.
- In the “price” field the total costs must be included, i.e. the total amount that the buyer must pay. This includes in particular all taxes and fees.