Our top tips to selling fast at the best price
- Set the price right. Contact a few brokers and ask them for comparative sales in your market (they should be able to provide you with listing prices and transaction prices) or browse existing listings
- Pics, pics and pics. You can’t have enough pics. Make sure to show all the good and all the bad (it will come out during the inspection anyway)
- Make it personal. Explain why you liked your boat so much. What are your favorite features?
- Don’t’ hesitate to update your listing based on questions you received. This shows goodwill and encourage buyers to contact you for follow up questions
- Be kind, patient and responsive. No kidding – people are making life changing decisions here…
- Try to be accurate and quantitative (e.g., avoid statement like “low engine hours”, and try to provide facts when possible)
- Be upfront about the work that needs to be done (this will also prevent the buyer from trying to negotiate you down after the inspection)
- Not sure what tips 8, 9 and 10 are yet – feel free to make a suggestion in the comments section!